Reasons for new banks to be included in Bankart card processing
- provides development, testing, implementation and introduction of new technological and technical solutions in the field of card operations,
- provides training of bank employees for the needs of the sale of card services,
- provides consulting in the field of card services,
- provides technological monitoring of card operations technology and software related to their functioning,
- provides elaboration of technological instructions for payment cards operations and their monitoring,
- follows innovations related to hardware and software,
- offers also many support services,
- Contact Center for cardholders which operates 24 hours per day, each day of the year, offering prompt assistance in operations with card products.
- resolving of financial complaints,
- fraud detection and prevention,
- reporting for the Bank of Slovenia, international card systems, etc.
Acording to the data published in the bulletin of the Bank of Slovenia, there were 2.005.450 credit and 2.599.915 debit cards in Slovenia as at 31/12/2016. Bankart has a 32% market share in the area of credit cards processing and a 80% market share in the area of debit card processing in Slovenia.
Banks in Slovenia whose card operations are managed by Bankart
Bankart processes cards for Abanka d.d., Banka Sparkasse d.d., Delavska hranilnica d.d., Addiko Bank d. d., Nova Ljubljanska banka d.d., Nova Kreditna banka Maribor d.d., SKB banka d.d. and UniCredit Banka Slovenija d.d.
Expansion of card processing to SEE markets
Bankart expanded its card processing operations to the markets of SE Europe, namely Bosnia and Herzegovina, where processing is provided for NLB Banka d.d., Sarajevo, to Kosovo, where it provides processing services for NLB Banka SH.A.. and BpB, to Macedonia, where it provides processing services for NLB Banka AD Skopje and to Serbia were Bankart provides processing for NLB Bank a.d. Belgrade.
Types of payment cards
Bankart processes debit cards for all the above mentioned banks, and also other card products (MasterCard, Visa, Karanta, Zegin, Dina) for most of them.
Card products are based on chip technology (contact and contactless) while ATMs and POS terminals have been upgraded to use chip technology.
Bankart provides also the service of secure internet payments to the cardholders.
“Card Settlement” Payment System
In co-operation with banks and the Bank of Slovenia, Bankart formally astablished the “Card Settlement” Payment System. Based on the approved rules of operation of the “Card Settlement" Payment System, it provides services related to calculation of mutual receivables and liabilities of the banks participating in this Payment System and services related to its management.
Ask and we’ll provide you with the relevant information!